How can conscious breathing boost my energy if I'm a teen?

Daphne Oz
Health Education
We take for granted that our body is programmed to breathe automatically, and we stop thinking about the actions involved: inhaling and exhaling. We derive our life force from breathing. Try consciously inhaling five deep breaths and exhaling five deep breaths. You'll be amazed how much more oxygen you take in when you focus on breathing than when you perform this action on autopilot. This extra oxygen courses throughout your body, from your brain, to your heart, to your toes, refueling every cell and increasing your energy production by oxygenating the mitochondria. The mitochondria are the organelles in each cell that take fuels such as proteins and fats and burn them to drive cellular processes, like cell renewal. And when you consciously and fully exhale, you pump out a much greater amount of carbon dioxide, cleansing your body of this toxic gas. You can use your ability to regulate your oxygen intake and your carbon dioxide output to help energize yourself and relax.
The Dorm Room Diet: The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really Works

The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really WorksThe Dorm Room DietRevised and Updated EditionFiguring out how to eat right and stay healthy on your own can be hard! Here is...

Continue Learning about Energy Boosters

Boost Your Energy Level in 11 Steps
Boost Your Energy Level in 11 StepsBoost Your Energy Level in 11 StepsBoost Your Energy Level in 11 StepsBoost Your Energy Level in 11 Steps
Recharge your batteries so you can keep on going like the Energizer bunny. Everyone feels tired now and then, but are your energy stores totally deple...
Tired? Try These 6 Energy-Boosting Foods
How Can I Boost My Energy Naturally?
How Can I Boost My Energy Naturally?
Where Does Energy Come From?
Where Does Energy Come From?