How does the body get energy from the foods we eat?

Jonathan A. Fialkow, MD
The body gets energy from the foods we eat by converting fats and proteins into energy for muscles, while carbohydrates are converted into sugars. Learn more in my video.

Continue Learning about Energy Boosters

Surprising Ways Holiday Giving is Good for You
Ever wonder why people keep giving to charity, especially when times are tough and you'd think everyone's just hardwired to survive? (Americans donate...
How can conscious breathing boost my energy if I'm a teen?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
We take for granted that our body is programmed to breathe automatically, and we stop thinking a...
Boost Your Energy Level in 11 Steps
Boost Your Energy Level in 11 StepsBoost Your Energy Level in 11 StepsBoost Your Energy Level in 11 StepsBoost Your Energy Level in 11 Steps
Recharge your batteries so you can keep on going like the Energizer bunny.
Reap the Health Benefits of a Power Nap
Reap the Health Benefits of a Power Nap