What can I do to have more energy?

Who wouldn't want to feel more energized and have a smile on their face all day? But short of popping some "happy pills," it seems there's no easy way -- until now. Enter yoga.

Yep, some simple yoga-style stretches and poses could do the trick. People who did them for five weeks reported a lift in their moods and more spring in their steps.

A type of yoga that focuses on mood-boosting poses seemed to be particularly helpful in raising spirits in a recent study. In fact, people's moods not only generally improved about halfway through five weeks of doing Iyengar yoga, but posers also felt a bit better after class, too. Talk about instant gratification.
Healthy lungs are key to increasing energy and reducing fatigue. Learn more on this topic in this video of Dr. Oz.

There are several actions you can take to give your body a boost of energy.

• Strive for 7-8 hours of sleep per night.
  • Exercise a minimum of 30 minutes 5 days per week.
  • Eat a healthy diet low in processed sugar and refined carbohydrates. Opt for healthy fruits, vegetables, and lean protein to give your body the energy boost it needs.
  • Consume a daily multivitamin.
  • Drink a minimum of 9-12 cups of water per day. Chronic dehydration causes fatigue.
  • Reduce stress through relaxation techniques.

Continue Learning about Energy Boosters

In a Bad Mood? Try This
In a Bad Mood? Try This
When your emotional well-being is in need of a "tune up," follow this simple rule for feeling better: take more walks. A strong body of research sugg...
What can I eat after exercise to replenish my energy?
The best thing to do after any exercise is to drink water, as it's important to stay hydrated. In ad...
5 Ways to Beat the Afternoon Slump
5 Ways to Beat the Afternoon Slump5 Ways to Beat the Afternoon Slump5 Ways to Beat the Afternoon Slump5 Ways to Beat the Afternoon Slump
And we're not talking about caffeine.
Drink Water to Fight Fatigue
Drink Water to Fight Fatigue