What can I do to have more energy?

There are several actions you can take to give your body a boost of energy.

• Strive for 7-8 hours of sleep per night.
  • Exercise a minimum of 30 minutes 5 days per week.
  • Eat a healthy diet low in processed sugar and refined carbohydrates. Opt for healthy fruits, vegetables, and lean protein to give your body the energy boost it needs.
  • Consume a daily multivitamin.
  • Drink a minimum of 9-12 cups of water per day. Chronic dehydration causes fatigue.
  • Reduce stress through relaxation techniques.
Who wouldn't want to feel more energized and have a smile on their face all day? But short of popping some "happy pills," it seems there's no easy way -- until now. Enter yoga.

Yep, some simple yoga-style stretches and poses could do the trick. People who did them for five weeks reported a lift in their moods and more spring in their steps.

A type of yoga that focuses on mood-boosting poses seemed to be particularly helpful in raising spirits in a recent study. In fact, people's moods not only generally improved about halfway through five weeks of doing Iyengar yoga, but posers also felt a bit better after class, too. Talk about instant gratification.

Continue Learning about Energy Boosters

Want to Have More Energy? Baby Your Mitochondria
2 Ways to Breathe for More Energy
2 Ways to Breathe for More Energy
What Foods Can I Eat to Increase My Energy Level?
How Can I Boost My Energy Naturally?
How Can I Boost My Energy Naturally?