Besides ATP, what else affects my energy level?

ATP is only part of the body's energy portfolio. Even if you have plenty of ATP, you also need abundant blood flow to provide your body nutrients and take away waste products - and that comes down to doing the things that help keep your arteries dilated and your blood pumping. What's good for your heart and arteries, in essence, is good for your energy levels, too. For example, nitric oxide - that short-lived gas lining your arteries and breathing tubes and in your brain that rapidly changes according to your diet and activity level - helps open up your arteries and lung passages to improve blood flow and increase the transfer of oxygen.
Problems with these systems really contribute to all energy deficiencies, yet the onset, cause, and treatments of lack of get up and go are hard to nail down. You know when you feel slow and low, but it's hard to pinpoint what exactly is tripping you up - or if it's just a normal part of running through the rigors of life. While fatigue, lack of energy, and inability to sleep can explain other problems, the truth is that when put together, this constellation of symptoms makes it hard to navigate through our daily lives.

You: Being Beautiful - The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty

Most people think that beauty revolves around such things as lipstick, sweet eyes, or skinny jeans -- all those things that we can see (and obsess over) in the mirror. But the fact is that beauty...

Continue Learning about Energy Boosters

What can I eat after exercise to replenish my energy?
The best thing to do after any exercise is to drink water, as it's important to stay hydrated. In ad...
Which strategies can increase my energy level?
Tirzah Hawkins Tirzah Hawkins
Keep an activity journal of what you do everyday and make notes of when you have spare time or can ...
Can deep breathing increase my energy level?
Deep breathing can potentially increase your energy levels. There are many short-term benefits of de...
What is a good product to take to get more energy?
Barbara Nolan , NASM Elite TrainerBarbara Nolan , NASM Elite Trainer
I always promote water first and foremost! Maybe a flavored powder can be added to the water if wate...