Your doctor may recommend using the following medications after endoscopic sinus surgery:Use a nasal saline mist spray every two to three hours after surgery. This can make your nose more comfortable. These over-the-counter medications can be purchased in any pharmacy. The day after your surgery, you will start sinus irrigations (using a sinus rinse kit) to clean out debris left behind in your sinuses after surgery. The irrigations must be performed twice a day. Your doctor or nurse will show you how to perform them. At first, the irrigation will feel funny, but they will soon become soothing. Expect some bloody discharge for the first few days. Keep doing them as long as prescribed because they are critical for postoperative success.
- Q What should I do after endoscopic sinus surgery?
- Q Should I eat or drink before endoscopic sinus surgery?
- Q How do I choose my surgeon for sinus surgery?
- Q Is sinus surgery outpatient surgery?
- Q What are the risks of sinus surgery?
- Q How is functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS) performed?