What is the goal of endometriosis treatment?

For a woman with endometriosis, treatment will have two goals:
  • Unblocking tubes and removing any adhesions that may affect conception, fertilization, and movement of fertilized eggs down the fallopian tubes.
  • Keeping the disease process in check by decreasing hormonal stimulation to these implants so that they do not grow and slough off, resulting in more damage to surrounding tissues.

Continue Learning about Endometriosis

4 Potential Benefits of Endometriosis Support Groups
Endometriosis is a condition that affects an estimated 1 out of 10 women who are of reproductive age. Though this makes endometriosis fairly common, t...
Can endometriosis be prevented?
Patricia Geraghty, NPPatricia Geraghty, NP
The cause of endometriosis is poorly understood. There is certainly a genetic component, as sisters ...
Should I talk to my doctor about my endometriosis symptoms?
Medical City DallasMedical City Dallas
You should see your doctor if you experience any of the following symptoms of endometriosis: a ch...
What Is the Treatment for Endometriosis?