Is there a cure for endometriosis?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing
While other treatments help to manage endometriosis, surgery is the only treatment that may provide a cure for the condition. Your doctor may recommend minor surgery in which only displaced sections of the endometrial tissue are removed. But even then, endometriosis comes back in most women. Surgery combined with medication to suppress the action of the ovaries is more reliable. If your case is more advanced and you are not planning on having children, your doctor may recommend a hysterectomy and oophorectomy  (removal of your ovaries).

Continue Learning about Endometriosis

What are the Treatment Options for Endometriosis?
Although endometriosis is relatively common—believed to affect approximately 1 in 10 women of reproductive age, by some estimates—it is not well under...
What Causes Endometriosis?
What Causes Endometriosis?
One of the first questions on a person’s mind when diagnosed with a health condition is: What caused this?  Unfortunately, this question does not alw...
How Women with Endometriosis Can Stay on Track with Exercise
If you are living with with endometriosis—like an estimated 176 million women worldwide are—then it’s safe to say finding relief and ways of coping ar...
How Can I Manage the Pain from Endometriosis?