What is recurrent endometrial cancer?

Kristine A. Borrison, MD
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)
Recurrent endometrial cancer is cancer that has been treated but comes back. Find out what other cancers can recur, and what to do, in this video with gynecologist Kristine Borrison, MD, of Good Samaritan Hospital.

Recurrent endometrial cancer is cancer that has recurred (come back) after it has been treated. The cancer may come back in the pelvis, in lymph nodes in the abdomen, or in other parts of the body.

This answer is based on source information from the National Cancer Institute

Continue Learning about Endometrial (Uterine) Cancer

What factors affect my prognosis with endometrial cancer?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
The prognosis (chance of recovery) and treatment options depend on the following:The stage of the ca...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with uterine cancer?
Someone with uterine cancer will likely have a hysterectomy, or surgical removal of the uterus, to t...
Is more research on endometrial cancer coming?
Jean A. Hurteau, MDJean A. Hurteau, MD
Yes, a resurgence of research on endometrial cancer is at hand as the death rate seems to be increas...
Can a Person Get Endometrial Cancer from Consuming Sugary Drinks?