What is the most common symptom of uterine cancer?

Abnormal bleeding is usually the first sign of endometrial (uterine) cancer, which is why irregular periods, heavy bleeding or constant spotting should never be ignored. Any bleeding in a postmenopausal woman should be evaluated. The majority of abnormal bleeding is not an indication of cancer, but still needs to be checked out.

This content orignally appeared on doctoroz.com.
The most common symptom of uterine cancer is abnormal vaginal bleeding. Watch Dr. Oz to learn more about this cancer.

Continue Learning about Endometrial (Uterine) Cancer

What factors affect my prognosis with endometrial cancer?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
The prognosis (chance of recovery) and treatment options depend on the following:The stage of the ca...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with uterine cancer?
Someone with uterine cancer will likely have a hysterectomy, or surgical removal of the uterus, to t...
Where in the body is recurrent endometrial cancer found?
Carolyn V. Kirschner, MDCarolyn V. Kirschner, MD
The most common place for endometrial cancer to recur is at the top of the vagina. After treatme...
Can a Person Get Endometrial Cancer from Consuming Sugary Drinks?