Does my menstruation cycle affect my risk for uterine cancer?

Every time you menstruate, your body produces estrogen. An excessive amount of estrogen over the years can lead to uterine cancer. Therefore, the more times in your life you menstruate, the lager your risk may be for uterine cancer. If you began having periods at a young age, did not go through menopause until an older age, or have had consistently irregular periods, watch for symptoms of uterine cancer such as abnormal vaginal bleeding or pelvic pain. When you are aware of your symptoms and risk factors you can catch uterine cancer early, when the recovery rate is very high.

Continue Learning about Endometrial (Uterine) Cancer

How dangerous is uterine cancer?
Lauren Streicher, MDLauren Streicher, MD
Most uterine cancer is diagnosed in its early stages so relatively few women die from it. The fi...
Is uterine cancer a common version of gynecologic cancer?
Uterine cancer is considered the most common form of gynecologic cancer. . About 23 in 100,000 women...
Can I still have children after treatment for uterine cancer?
MountainView HospitalMountainView Hospital
Precautions are taken when treating uterine cancer to preserve organs. Freezing eggs is also an opti...
Can a Person Get Endometrial Cancer from Consuming Sugary Drinks?