How is the stage of uterine cancer determined?

Often, doctors cannot determine the exact stage of uterine cancer until they perform a hysterectomy. If cancer has spread beyond the uterus and cervix, you will need further diagnostic tests. Blood tests, x-rays, and CT scans can determine if cancer is present anywhere else in your body. Once your doctor knows how far the cancer has spread, he or she can diagnose the stage of uterine cancer.

Continue Learning about Endometrial (Uterine) Cancer

What factors affect my prognosis with endometrial cancer?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
The prognosis (chance of recovery) and treatment options depend on the following:The stage of the ca...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with uterine cancer?
Someone with uterine cancer will likely have a hysterectomy, or surgical removal of the uterus, to t...
What is endometrial (uterine) cancer?
Dr. Sharyn N. Lewin, MDDr. Sharyn N. Lewin, MD
Abnormal cells or cancer may start growing in the uterus or womb. Over 95 percent of uterine cancers...
Can a Person Get Endometrial Cancer from Consuming Sugary Drinks?