Will I need time off work if I have hemisection dental surgery?

You may need to take a day or two off work for hemisection dental surgery and recovery. While the procedure isn’t major, your mouth will be sore for a few days. You’ll also have stiches in place for 7 to 10 days afterward. If you work on weekdays, you may want to schedule the procedure for a Friday. That way, you can recover over the weekend and you will only need to take one day off.

As with any dental surgery, you’ll have some post-op swelling and bleeding, because your gums will be opened during the hemisection. After surgery, you will need to eat softer foods so you don’t injure your gums.

Continue Learning about Endodontic Surgery

What conditions can an endodontist treat?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
Endodontists perform a variety of procedures including endodontic therapy (commonly known as root ca...
What is an endodontist?
Endodontists are dentists who specialize in maintaining teeth through endodontic therapy -- or proce...
What training does an endodontist receive?
Endodontists are dental specialists with an additional two or more years of specialized training bey...
What is endodontics?
Endodontics is a specialty within the field of dentistry. The most familiar endodontic treatment...