Will I need time off work if I have hemisection dental surgery?

You may need to take a day or two off work for hemisection dental surgery and recovery. While the procedure isn’t major, your mouth will be sore for a few days. You’ll also have stiches in place for 7 to 10 days afterward. If you work on weekdays, you may want to schedule the procedure for a Friday. That way, you can recover over the weekend and you will only need to take one day off.

As with any dental surgery, you’ll have some post-op swelling and bleeding, because your gums will be opened during the hemisection. After surgery, you will need to eat softer foods so you don’t injure your gums.

Continue Learning about Endodontic Surgery