Will having hemisection dental surgery hurt?

Having hemisection dental surgery should not hurt. Your dental surgeon will give you a shot of local anesthesia to numb the area. The shot, given in the cheek or gums, may sting a little, but should not cause pain. The anesthesia should last through the entire procedure. If you feel any pain, inform your surgeon so you can get additional medication. You will probably experience soreness and some pain after the procedure; your surgeon can tell you what medications to take, probably over-the-counter analgesics.

Continue Learning about Endodontic Surgery

If I have a traumatic dental injury, who can fix my teeth?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
Depending on the injury, the treatment could involve the general dentist and specialists including a...
What is endodontics?
Endodontics is a specialty within the field of dentistry. The most familiar endodontic treatment...
What is the most common procedure in surgical endodontics?
There are many surgical procedures that can be performed to save a tooth. The most common is called ...
What are endodontic lesions?
Jonathan B. Levine, DMDJonathan B. Levine, DMD
Endodontic lesions occur when the nerve dies, its dying nerve tissue (called necrotic debris) st...