What is endodontics?

Dante A. Gonzales, DMD
Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
Endodontics is a specialty within dentistry that is concerned with the study and treatment of dental pulp. 
Stanislav Moline
Endodontics
“Endo” is the Greek word for “inside” and “odont” is Greek for “tooth.” Endodontics is specialty of dentistry for treatments inside of the tooth.

For more information read at http://www.aae.org/Patients/  -- the official site of American Association of Endodontists or at https://www.endowithcare.com/Services.html  -- on my website.
Endodontics is a specialty within the field of dentistry. The most familiar endodontic treatment is a root canal, in which the soft tissue inside the tooth, known as the pulp, is removed from the middle of the tooth and its roots because it is infected. Endodontics also includes surgery on the roots of teeth and surrounding tissue, and procedures to treat cracked teeth. Although endodontists specialize in endodontics, other dentists can also perform endodontic procedures.

Continue Learning about Endodontic Surgery

If I have a traumatic dental injury, who can fix my teeth?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
Depending on the injury, the treatment could involve the general dentist and specialists including a...
What are the benefits of hemisection dental surgery?
Hemisection dental surgery offers several benefits. For one thing, the decayed bone between the toot...
What conditions can an endodontist treat?
Endodontists perform a variety of procedures including endodontic therapy (commonly known as root ca...
What is the most common procedure in surgical endodontics?
There are many surgical procedures that can be performed to save a tooth. The most common is called ...