What mouth care will I need to do after dental root amputation?

After a dental root amputation, you should care for your mouth by rinsing it with warm salt water, eating soft foods, and not chewing with that tooth until the stitches are removed in 7 to 10 days. Your mouth will be sore for a few days after the dental root amputation, and you should be careful not to injure your gums. Don’t forget to take any antibiotics prescribed by your dentist. If you’re in pain, take the pain medication recommended as well. Your dentist will have a list of instructions on how to care for your mouth after a dental root amputation.

Continue Learning about Endodontic Surgery