Should I seek a second opinion if I need hemisection dental surgery?

If you are comfortable with your dentist's explanation of hemisection dental surgery and why you need it, then you don’t need a second opinion. But if you don't feel certain that a hemisection is the best treatment option, you have the right to get a second opinion. Your dentist can refer you to another dentist, or you may ask a friend or family member for referral suggestions.

Continue Learning about Endodontic Surgery

What is the most common procedure in surgical endodontics?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
There are many surgical procedures that can be performed to save a tooth. The most common is called ...
If I have a traumatic dental injury, who can fix my teeth?
Depending on the injury, the treatment could involve the general dentist and specialists including a...
What are the benefits of hemisection dental surgery?
Hemisection dental surgery offers several benefits. For one thing, the decayed bone between the toot...
What is an endodontist?
Endodontists are dentists who specialize in maintaining teeth through endodontic therapy -- or proce...