How long is the recovery after hemisection dental surgery?

You’ll experience some soreness, bleeding and discomfort for a few days after hemisection dental surgery, and you will need to have the stitches removed in 7 to 10 days. While removing the stitches, your dental surgeon can see how well the gums are healing. Until the stitches are removed, avoid chewing in that area. It will take a few months before you can get permanent dental crowns placed.

Continue Learning about Endodontic Surgery

What is the most common procedure in surgical endodontics?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
There are many surgical procedures that can be performed to save a tooth. The most common is called ...
What is an endodontist?
Endodontists are dentists who specialize in maintaining teeth through endodontic therapy -- or proce...
If I have a traumatic dental injury, who can fix my teeth?
Depending on the injury, the treatment could involve the general dentist and specialists including a...
What training does an endodontist receive?
Endodontists are dental specialists with an additional two or more years of specialized training bey...