How will I know if having hemisection dental surgery was successful?

It may take a while to know whether your hemisection surgery has been successful. You will need to return to the dentist in seven to ten days to have the stitches removed. At this time, he or she will make sure your gums are healing properly. In another few months, you will be healed enough for the dentist to place a permanent crown on the tooth. After hemisection dental surgery, the tooth will not be as strong as it was before. It may be more susceptible to cracks or fractures. If this happens, the tooth may need to be removed and replaced with an implant.

Continue Learning about Endodontic Surgery

If I have a traumatic dental injury, who can fix my teeth?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
Depending on the injury, the treatment could involve the general dentist and specialists including a...
What are endodontic lesions?
Jonathan B. Levine, DMDJonathan B. Levine, DMD
Endodontic lesions occur when the nerve dies, its dying nerve tissue (called necrotic debris) st...
What is the most common procedure in surgical endodontics?
There are many surgical procedures that can be performed to save a tooth. The most common is called ...
What are the benefits of hemisection dental surgery?
Hemisection dental surgery offers several benefits. For one thing, the decayed bone between the toot...