What's the difference between multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2A and 2B?

There are two different types of multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2 (MEN2): MEN2A and MEN2B. In both types, tumors can happen in the thyroid and adrenal glands.

In MEN2A, tumors can also appear in the parathyroid glands. In MEN2B, tumors can grow in places like the tongue, gums and lips. People with MEN2B can become really tall, with super-long fingers and toes. Sometimes with MEN2B, people can also get tumors in their gut.

Continue Learning about Endocrine System

When Hormone Replacement Therapy May Be Good
Fear-mongering about hormone replacement therapy isn’t good science. For the right woman with nasty menopausal symptoms and the right man with low tes...
How does multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 (MEN1) affect the pancreas?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
When multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 (MEN1) creates tumors in the pancreas, it can lower the bod...
How do I manage my follicular adenoma thyroid nodules on a daily basis?
Many thyroid adenomas do not necessitate any treatment, so you may not need to do anything. If your ...
What Are Effective Treatments for an Underactive Thyroid?