What are the side effects of unbalanced hormones?

Hormones can run amok in response to stressful periods or as a result of your age and condition (think puberty, pregnancy, menopause, etc.); they also can become imbalanced under the influence of a disease or an invading pathogen that changes the climate of your body. Because hormones hold this magic wand in us, if the wand isn’t working properly we can experience a cascade of health problems, from a sluggish metabolism to infertility, diabetes, insatiable cravings, and so on. Skin conditions like acne, psoriasis, eczema, and rosacea can also be part of this mix. Then, suddenly, one problem becomes two, three, and four subsequent problems, such as unexplained weight gain, chronic pain, irritability, hair loss, fatigue, a loss of libido, and a general sense that something is not right. We feel tired and weak, unable to participate in life to its fullest.

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Continue Learning about Endocrine System

When Should I Worry If I Have Night Sweats?
What Nutrients Are Important for a Healthy Thyroid?