What is multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2 (MEN2)?

Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2 (MEN2) is a disease involving the glands in the body. When people have MEN2, some cells in the body start to split out of control and come together to form a tumor inside a gland. The cells in the gland go into overdrive, releasing more hormones than people need.

Some tumors keep to themselves and don't bother normal cells, but some tumors spread to other parts of the body, causing problems. The type of problem depends on which gland is involved.

Continue Learning about Endocrine System

When Hormone Replacement Therapy May Be Good
Fear-mongering about hormone replacement therapy isn’t good science. For the right woman with nasty menopausal symptoms and the right man with low tes...
What is insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1)?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Growth hormone, which is made in the brain’s pituitary gland, tells the liver and other parts of the...
How can I manage my multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2 (MEN2)?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
You can manage multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2 (MEN2) by having regular check-ups with a doctor,...
What Are Effective Treatments for an Underactive Thyroid?