Tumors that cause a deficiency of vasopressin (ADH) affect water and sodium balance. Insufficient ADH causes excessive and frequent urination and extreme thirst. The patient must drink large amounts of water to prevent blood sodium levels from increasing abnormally and causing dehydration.
- Q What are the side effects of unbalanced hormones?
- Q How can I test my hormone levels at home?
- Q What is vasoactive intestinal polypeptide?
- Q What are the side effects of excessive cortisol?
- Q What psychological changes occur in boys during puberty?
- Q How can a hormone imbalance affect my energy levels?