Tumors that cause a deficiency of vasopressin (ADH) affect water and sodium balance. Insufficient ADH causes excessive and frequent urination and extreme thirst. The patient must drink large amounts of water to prevent blood sodium levels from increasing abnormally and causing dehydration.
- Q What is relaxin?
- Q What should I know before I try a mass gainer?
- Q What are the negative effects of hormone treatment?
- Q What do my hormone levels say about my health?
- Q What is luteinizing hormone deficiency?
- Q What happens to our melatonin levels as we age?