Tumors that cause a deficiency of vasopressin (ADH) affect water and sodium balance. Insufficient ADH causes excessive and frequent urination and extreme thirst. The patient must drink large amounts of water to prevent blood sodium levels from increasing abnormally and causing dehydration.
- Q What is luteinizing hormone (LH)?
- Q What psychological changes occur in boys during puberty?
- Q What happens to our melatonin levels as we age?
- Q What are the different types of male hormones?
- Q What are the different ways of taking combined hormone treatment?
- Q What effect does leptin have on my body?