Tumors that cause a deficiency of vasopressin (ADH) affect water and sodium balance. Insufficient ADH causes excessive and frequent urination and extreme thirst. The patient must drink large amounts of water to prevent blood sodium levels from increasing abnormally and causing dehydration.
- Q How does eating affect my hormones?
- Q Are compounded bioidentical hormones natural?
- Q Does cyclogest taken during pregnancy, increase progesterone?
- Q How does low estrogen affect skin?
- Q In what conditions shouldn't I use hormone supplements?
- Q What is the function of luteinizing and follicle-stimulating hormones?