Tumors that cause a deficiency of vasopressin (ADH) affect water and sodium balance. Insufficient ADH causes excessive and frequent urination and extreme thirst. The patient must drink large amounts of water to prevent blood sodium levels from increasing abnormally and causing dehydration.
- Q In what conditions shouldn't I use hormone supplements?
- Q Do hormone therapies slow aging?
- Q What should I know before I try a mass gainer?
- Q How do estrogen and progesterone levels in females change with age?
- Q How do other people's scents affect us?
- Q What is human placental lactogen (hPL)?