What is primary hyperaldosteronism?

Primary hyperaldosteronism is a disease in which one or both adrenal glands produce too much aldosterone. The word primary means that the condition is caused by a problem in the adrenal glands. Problems outside of the adrenal glands can also lead to too much aldosterone, but these conditions are called secondary hyperaldosteronism. Primary hyperaldosteronism can be caused by either unilateral disease (hyperactivity in one adrenal gland) or bilateral disease (hyperactivity in both adrenal glands). The two most common causes of primary hyperaldosteronism are an aldosterone-producing adrenal tumor and bilateral adrenal hyperplasia. 
Inositol is a naturally occurring nutrient found in various forms, the most common being myo-inositol. Even though it is sometimes referred to as a vitamin, it is not. This nutrient is not essential in humans as we can make it in the body from glucose. Inositol is a direct precursor of phospholipids which are a major component of cellular membranes. It helps to maintain proper electrical energy and nutrient transfer across the cell membrane. It also acts as a lipotropic which converts fats into other useful products. It helps establish healthy cell membranes, which facilitate nerve impulses. It is sometimes used therapeutically in the treatment of OCD/Panic disorder.

Continue Learning about Endocrine System

What Nutrients Are Important for a Healthy Thyroid?
When Should I Worry If I Have Night Sweats?