What are the different ways of taking combined hormone treatment?

There are two ways of taking combined hormone treatment—the cyclic method (also known as sequential) and the continuous combined method. In both methods, estrogen is taken every day. In the cyclic method, estrogen is supplemented with a progestogen for 10–14 days every month. In the continuous method, a progestogen is included every day.

Our Bodies, Ourselves: Menopause

Our Bodies, Ourselves: Menopause

FROM THE EDITORS OF THE CLASSIC "BIBLE OF WOMEN'S HEALTH," A TRUSTWORTHY, UP-TO-DATE GUIDE TO HELP EVERY WOMAN NAVIGATE THE MENOPAUSE TRANSITION For decades, millions of women have relied on Our...

Continue Learning about Endocrine System

What Nutrients Are Important for a Healthy Thyroid?
When Should I Worry If I Have Night Sweats?