Should I be worried if I notice a lump in my neck?

A lump in your neck could signify a goiter. Some goiters are a sign that your thyroid is producing either too many or two few hormones and need to be treated. Others, however, pose no threat and do not require treatment but should be monitored to be sure they do not worsen. Talk to your doctor if you think you notice a goiter, and the two of you can decide the best way to proceed. If you experience other, more severe symptoms, such as a chance in metabolism or heart rate, or difficulty breathing or swallowing, you will likely need treatment.

Continue Learning about Endocrine System

When Hormone Replacement Therapy May Be Good
Fear-mongering about hormone replacement therapy isn’t good science. For the right woman with nasty menopausal symptoms and the right man with low tes...
What do glands do?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Glands create hormones and release them into the bloodstream to be carried all over the body. Glands...
What are endocrine system diseases?
Endocrine system diseases are diseases that affect one or more glands of the endocrine system. The e...
What Are Effective Treatments for an Underactive Thyroid?