Should I take iodine for my goiter?

Iodine deficiency as a cause of goiter is rare in North America and most of Europe, largely due to the amount of iodized salt in our diets. However, even in areas of iodine deficiency most patients do not develop goiters. The Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) for iodine in adult men and women is 150 μg per day, and one teaspoon of iodized salt contains approximately 400 μg iodine. Taking too much iodine can also worsen underlying thyroid disease and is not recommended.
For more information go the endocrinediseases.org: Benign non-toxic multinodular goiter 

Continue Learning about Endocrine System

What Nutrients Are Important for a Healthy Thyroid?
When Should I Worry If I Have Night Sweats?