How can I protect my children from carcinoid syndrome?

As it is unknown what causes carcinoid tumors, it is not possible to protect your children from carcinoid syndrome. However, speak to your doctor if your child has any symptoms of carcinoid tumors, such as abdominal pain and changes in type of or length of time between bowel movements. As with most types of cancer, the earlier you find it, the better chance there is of treating it well and surviving it.

Continue Learning about Endocrine System

When Hormone Replacement Therapy May Be Good
Fear-mongering about hormone replacement therapy isn’t good science. For the right woman with nasty menopausal symptoms and the right man with low tes...
Can follicular adenoma thyroid nodules be prevented?
Since the specific cause for follicular adenoma thyroid nodules is unknown, there is no way to preve...
What can cause an elevated calcium level?
American Association of Endocrine SurgeonsAmerican Association of Endocrine Surgeons
Parathyroid hormone (PTH) removes calcium from the bones. In the gut, PTH indirectly causes increase...
What Are Effective Treatments for an Underactive Thyroid?