How can I test my hormone levels at home?

Julia Schlam Edelman
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)
Mail-order companies offer saliva tests to measure estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone. You can order the kit to do your own saliva testing and then get the results by phone, email, or a mailed report. This may appeal to you for several reasons. You can avoid the unpleasant experience of having your blood drawn; you can do the saliva test yourself in the privacy of your home without a doctor's visit; and you are taking charge of your own care.

Continue Learning about Endocrine System

When Hormone Replacement Therapy May Be Good
Fear-mongering about hormone replacement therapy isn’t good science. For the right woman with nasty menopausal symptoms and the right man with low tes...
What do glands do?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Glands create hormones and release them into the bloodstream to be carried all over the body. Glands...
How does multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 (MEN1) affect the pancreas?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
When multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 (MEN1) creates tumors in the pancreas, it can lower the bod...
What Nutrients Are Important for a Healthy Thyroid?