How can I test my hormone levels at home?

Julia Schlam Edelman
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)
Mail-order companies offer saliva tests to measure estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone. You can order the kit to do your own saliva testing and then get the results by phone, email, or a mailed report. This may appeal to you for several reasons. You can avoid the unpleasant experience of having your blood drawn; you can do the saliva test yourself in the privacy of your home without a doctor's visit; and you are taking charge of your own care.

Continue Learning about Endocrine System

When Hormone Replacement Therapy May Be Good
Fear-mongering about hormone replacement therapy isn’t good science. For the right woman with nasty menopausal symptoms and the right man with low tes...
What chemicals are commonly found in emotional tears?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Chemicals found in emotional tears include the protein prolactin, the Adrenocorticotopic hormones an...
What can cause an elevated calcium level?
American Association of Endocrine SurgeonsAmerican Association of Endocrine Surgeons
Parathyroid hormone (PTH) removes calcium from the bones. In the gut, PTH indirectly causes increase...
What Are Effective Treatments for an Underactive Thyroid?