How can I test my hormone levels at home?

Mail-order companies offer saliva tests to measure estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone. You can order the kit to do your own saliva testing and then get the results by phone, email, or a mailed report. This may appeal to you for several reasons. You can avoid the unpleasant experience of having your blood drawn; you can do the saliva test yourself in the privacy of your home without a doctor's visit; and you are taking charge of your own care.

Continue Learning about Endocrine System

Endocrine System

Your endocrine system works with your nervous system to control important bodily functions. The endocrine systems responsibilities include regulating growth, sexual development and function, metabolism and mood. The endocrine syst...

em also helps give your body the energy it needs to function properly. Endocrine glands secrete hormones into the bloodstream. Hormones are considered chemical messengers, coordinating your body by transferring information from one set of cells to another. Your endocrine system health can be affected by hormone imbalances resulting from impaired glands. A hormone imbalance can cause problems with bodily growth, sexual development, metabolism and other bodily functions. Endocrine system diseases or conditions include diabetes, growth disorders and osteoporosis.