How can low estrogen affect sex?

Low estrogen can put a damper on your sex life. And this isn’t just about stressed-out women in menopause. Stressed-out women on birth control pills can also experience low estrogen levels, which can cause a thinning of the vulva -- that area that includes the inner and outer lips, the clitoris, and the opening of the vagina, and its glands. If it gets too thin you could experience tearing during sex.

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Continue Learning about Endocrine System

When Should I Worry If I Have Night Sweats?
What Nutrients Are Important for a Healthy Thyroid?