How do I know if I have multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2 (MEN2)?

A blood test can determine if a person has multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2 (MEN2). A person with MEN2 will then have regular check-ups with a series of tests to see if there are any tumors in the glands. Blood tests check the levels of hormones in the blood. The doctor might also do a urine test to check hormone levels. High hormone levels can indicate that a tumor is growing. The doctor will also do scans of the head, neck and stomach. The scans take detailed pictures of the inside of the body to detect any tumors growing in the glands.

Continue Learning about Endocrine System

When Hormone Replacement Therapy May Be Good
Fear-mongering about hormone replacement therapy isn’t good science. For the right woman with nasty menopausal symptoms and the right man with low tes...
How is multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2 (MEN2) treated?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2 (MEN2) is treated with an operation to remove the tumor. Removin...
What is the role of hormones in the body?
Rose Medical CenterRose Medical Center
Hormones have many roles in the body. Hormones are chemical messengers that are made in one organ an...
What Nutrients Are Important for a Healthy Thyroid?