How do I know if I have multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2 (MEN2)?

A blood test can determine if a person has multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2 (MEN2). A person with MEN2 will then have regular check-ups with a series of tests to see if there are any tumors in the glands. Blood tests check the levels of hormones in the blood. The doctor might also do a urine test to check hormone levels. High hormone levels can indicate that a tumor is growing. The doctor will also do scans of the head, neck and stomach. The scans take detailed pictures of the inside of the body to detect any tumors growing in the glands.

Continue Learning about Endocrine System

When Hormone Replacement Therapy May Be Good
Fear-mongering about hormone replacement therapy isn’t good science. For the right woman with nasty menopausal symptoms and the right man with low tes...
Are insulinomas malignant?
Ajay K. Sahajpal, MDAjay K. Sahajpal, MD
Insulinomas are a form of pancreatic islet cell or neuroendocrine tumor. They essentially are insuli...
Is there a cure for multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 (MEN1)?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
There is no cure for multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 (MEN1). However, medicines and operations h...
What Nutrients Are Important for a Healthy Thyroid?