How can I increase my human growth hormone (HGH) levels?

Synthetic injectable forms of HGH are available to treat kids with delayed growth, for instance, as well as to slow various aspects of the aging process in adults, including muscle loss. But many people are wary to try this treatment due to cost and unknown health risks. But here’s the good news: You can increase your HGH level naturally with three easy methods:
  • Resistance Exercise: Commit to working any muscle in your body for up to 10 minutes to stimulate the production of HGH. Remember, you need to “feel the burn,” which indicates that your muscles are really working. Try a simple arm curl or a leg raise using weights or handheld resistance bands. Practice resistance training approximately three times a week or every other day.
  • Deep Sleep: The production of HGH starts within the first couple hours after you fall into a deep sleep. How long this takes varies from person to person. Make a habit of getting seven to eight hours of sleep. To obtain this amount, avoid eating 90 minutes before bedtime, and don’t exercise two hours before you turn in. Also, don’t consume caffeine in the afternoon or evening. Lastly, create a cool and quiet bedroom environment and sleep in comfortable clothes.
  • Amino Acids: Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins, as well as critical components comprising hormones, muscles, and the immune system. Without an adequate amount of amino acids, your body breaks down, resulting in an energy drain. The best way to get make sure you’re getting an adequate amount of amino acids is to eat quality protein sources, such as eggs, poultry, fish, and meat, plus beans, nuts, and seeds. If you’re not getting the proper amount of protein daily, look into taking a supplement as a way of augmenting your diet.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Endocrine System

When Hormone Replacement Therapy May Be Good
Fear-mongering about hormone replacement therapy isn’t good science. For the right woman with nasty menopausal symptoms and the right man with low tes...
What chemicals are commonly found in emotional tears?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Chemicals found in emotional tears include the protein prolactin, the Adrenocorticotopic hormones an...
Should I see a doctor for my follicular adenoma thyroid nodules symptoms?
Yes, you should talk to your doctor if you experience the symptoms of follicular adenoma thyroid nod...
What Are Effective Treatments for an Underactive Thyroid?