How can I find a good endocrinologist?

Dr. Jack Merendino, MD
Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism
We welcome you to review the profiles of endocrinologists on Sharecare to see if any of them give answers that you find especially insightful or have expertise that specifically meets your needs.  Sharecare works hard to ensure that all of our experts are highly trained and among the leaders in their respective fields, though our policy is not to make specific recommendations to individuals since the needs of each person are so unique. 
It is usually best to start with recommendations  made by your primary physician, and it is very reasonable to ask others in your community who are knowledgeable about physicians whom they would recommend.  If you wish to consider physicians outside of your community, you may contact the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists or the Endocrine Society for referrals, or you may contact professional organizations such as the American Diabetes Association or the American Thyroid Association for a particular endocrine problem.  Be certain the physician maintains active certification in "Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism" from the American Board of Internal Medicine. 

Continue Learning about Endocrine System

When Should I Worry If I Have Night Sweats?
What Nutrients Are Important for a Healthy Thyroid?