How can I avoid products with growth hormones?

I believe that adding growth hormones to beef and milk nudges a consumer's cancer risk upward. Growth hormones have been banned in Europe since 1989, but in the U.S., about 60% of cattle get them. These days, you can buy dairy products from cows that received no growth hormones. When it comes to meat, look for cuts labeled "no hormones administered" or "certified organic." By the way, chicken and pork are raised without growth hormones, so don't pay extra for a label saying so!

Continue Learning about Endocrine System

What does the endocrine system do?
Think about all the dials, switches, and controls that give you the power to regulate virtually ever...
How is multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 (MEN1) treated?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 (MEN1) can be treated different ways. Medicines are one type of ...
What Are Effective Treatments for an Underactive Thyroid?
What Nutrients Are Important for a Healthy Thyroid?