Why should I have surgery for primary hyperparathyroidism?

The main benefit of curing primary hyperparathyroidism with a surgery (parathyroidectomy) is the potential to fix any or all of the signs and symptoms of the disease. The most important improvements after parathyroid surgery include:
  • Improved bone density and lower risk of broken bones
  • Improved quality of life
  • Lower risk of kidney stones
  • Decreased risk of prematurely dying.

Continue Learning about Endocrine System Disease Treatments

What tests will I have before gastrinoma surgery?
American Association of Endocrine SurgeonsAmerican Association of Endocrine Surgeons
Before embarking on gastrinoma surgery, a thorough assessment of the extent of disease should be mad...
How can I care for someone with endocrine system disease?
You can care for someone with an endocrine system disease by making sure they take their prescribed ...
How is an insulinoma treated?
John A. ChabotJohn A. Chabot
Treatment for an insulinoma usually includes surgical removal of the tumor. Because these tumors...
How Can I Treat Hot Flashes?
How Can I Treat Hot Flashes?