How is an insulinoma treated?

John A. Chabot
Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism

Treatment for an insulinoma usually includes surgical removal of the tumor. Because these tumors are often small and benign, this surgery is curative. Larger tumors may require removal of part of the pancreas depending on location.

Continue Learning about Endocrine System Disease Treatments

How do medications treat endocrine system diseases?
Medications can treat endocrine system diseases by replacing your body's natural hormones with synth...
Is there a cure for endocrine system diseases?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
There are many diseases of the endocrine system, so this is not a simple yes-or-no question. For som...
How is a glucagonoma treated?
American Association of Endocrine SurgeonsAmerican Association of Endocrine Surgeons
The primary treatment for a glucagonoma is surgical removal, and this offers the only chance for cur...
How Can I Treat Hot Flashes?
How Can I Treat Hot Flashes?