What should I expect from a thyroid nodule physician exam?

To diagnose a thyroid nodule, a complete medical history and physical examination should be done by your physician. Pertinent signs and symptoms of the thyroid nodule should be discussed. The patient's neck should be inspected and then examined while sitting up at rest and again while swallowing. The firmness of the nodule and whether it moves easily should be noted. 

Continue Learning about Endocrine System Disease Diagnosis

How can I prepare for an appointment to diagnose endocrine system diseases?
You can prepare for your endocrine system disease diagnosis by making a list of all of your symptoms...
How is an insulinoma diagnosed?
American Association of Endocrine SurgeonsAmerican Association of Endocrine Surgeons
Virtually all insulinomas are located within the pancreas. Because these tumors are usually small, s...
What is a saline suppression test?
In the saline suppression test, the patient is given a salt solution through an IV, after which the ...
What is a sestamibi scan for primary hyperparathyroidism?
In most patients with primary hyperparathyroidism (80%), only one of the four parathyroid glands is ...