What is a CRH stimulation test?

The CRH stimulation test will see if the body can increase the amount of cortisol and ACTH made by the body in response to corticotropin releasing hormone (CRH). Patients with Cushing's disease (pituitary adenoma) should be able to increase the levels of cortisol and ACTH while patients with an ectopic tumor usually cannot.

Continue Learning about Endocrine System Disease Diagnosis

Should I stop my medication before a primary hyperaldosteronism test?
American Association of Endocrine SurgeonsAmerican Association of Endocrine Surgeons
It is important to note that certain high blood pressure medications may interfere with the diagnost...
What is a 24-hour urinary excretion of aldosterone test?
In the 24-hour urinary excretion of aldosterone test, a patient eats a high-salt diet for 5 days bef...
What is a sestamibi scan for primary hyperparathyroidism?
In most patients with primary hyperparathyroidism (80%), only one of the four parathyroid glands is ...
What should I expect from a thyroid nodule physician exam?
To diagnose a thyroid nodule, a complete medical history and physical examination should be done by ...