Who should not take Omnitrope?

You should not take Omnitrope (somatropin) if you currently have cancer or recurring cancer, a brain tumor or undiagnosed growths. It is not recommended you take Omnitrope if you have breathing problems. A child who is severely overweight and has breathing problems due to Prader-Willi syndrome should not take Omnitrope. Do not take Omnitrope without talking to your doctor if you have diabetes or a serious medical condition resulting from open-heart surgery or stomach surgery.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

What should I know before I take ospemifene?
If you have had a blood clot in the lung or leg, a heart attack, or a stroke, you should not take os...
How is glucagon related to type 1 diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. This hormone elevates blood glucose levels-so it can...
Who should avoid taking oral bisphosphonates?
David Slovik, MDDavid Slovik, MD
While bisphosphonates are quite effective in preventing fractures, the oral forms may not be the...
Why is glucagon important for people with diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. It is important to know about this hormone if you ha...