Who should not take buphenyl?

If you are allergic to buphenyl or any of its ingredients, you should not take buphenyl. If you suddenly have increased levels of ammonia in your blood, you should not take buphenyl and contact your doctor immediately. You should tell your doctor if you have congestive heart failure, kidney disease, fluid retention or swelling in any area of your body, seizure disorders, high blood pressure or heart disease. If you have any of these conditions, your doctor will need to decide if you can take buphenyl or if you need an altered dose. If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding, you should notify your doctor before taking buphenyl.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

What drugs will I take if I'm receiving donor eggs?
If you're receiving donor eggs, a combination of two or three hormonal medications is used to manipu...
Why is glucagon important for people with diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. It is important to know about this hormone if you ha...
What is ospemifene?
Ospemifene (Osphena) is a drug that affects how estrogen acts on body tissues such as the vagina, th...
Who should avoid taking oral bisphosphonates?
David Slovik, MDDavid Slovik, MD
While bisphosphonates are quite effective in preventing fractures, the oral forms may not be the...