Where should I store my glucagon kits?

A kit contains the glucagon medicine (a powder and a liquid, to be mixed together when needed), a syringe to inject it with, and instructions. You might want to leave kits in several places -- home, work, school, etc. -- but make sure to store them at room temperature. (Don't leave your kit in a hot car, for example.)

Check the date on each kit, and replace when necessary -- don't use glucagon that's past its expiration date.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

How is glucagon related to type 1 diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. This hormone elevates blood glucose levels-so it can...
What drugs will I take if I'm receiving donor eggs?
If you're receiving donor eggs, a combination of two or three hormonal medications is used to manipu...
Who should avoid taking oral bisphosphonates?
David Slovik, MDDavid Slovik, MD
While bisphosphonates are quite effective in preventing fractures, the oral forms may not be the...
What is growth hormone treatment?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Growth hormone treatment is a therapy that may help kids with growth hormone deficiency (GHD) grow t...