When should I take potassium iodide for radiation protection?

You should take potassium iodide within three to four hours of exposure to radioactive materials. It should then protect you from radioactive iodine for about 24 hours. Take as directed until you are no longer in danger of radioactivity exposure. Do not stop taking it without talking to your doctor, and discuss with him or her your risk of exposure to radiation.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

What should I know before I take ospemifene?
If you have had a blood clot in the lung or leg, a heart attack, or a stroke, you should not take os...
How is glucagon related to type 1 diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. This hormone elevates blood glucose levels-so it can...
Does ospemifene interact with any other medications?
If you are taking bazedoxifene, fluconazole, raloxifene, toremifene, or an estrogen drug, ospemifene...
Why is glucagon important for people with diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. It is important to know about this hormone if you ha...