When can I stop taking H.P. Acthar Gel?

Talk to your doctor about when you can stop taking H.P. Acthar Gel. How long you need to take H.P. Acthar Gel may depend on the condition you are treating and how well you respond to the drug.

H.P. Acthar Gel is a drug given by injection into a muscle to treat multiple sclerosis, some forms of arthritis, lupus, some eye diseases and several other conditions. Doctors aren't sure exactly how it works, but it may help your body produce cortisol and other hormones.

You should not stop taking H.P. Acthar Gel without talking to your doctor first. Quitting suddenly may cause your original symptoms to come back or may affect the functioning of your adrenal gland. Slowly tapering the medication under your doctor's supervision may be the best way to stop taking H.P. Acthar Gel.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

What should I know before I take ospemifene?
If you have had a blood clot in the lung or leg, a heart attack, or a stroke, you should not take os...
Who should avoid taking oral bisphosphonates?
David Slovik, MDDavid Slovik, MD
While bisphosphonates are quite effective in preventing fractures, the oral forms may not be the...
Why is glucagon important for people with diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. It is important to know about this hormone if you ha...
What drugs will I take if I'm receiving donor eggs?
If you're receiving donor eggs, a combination of two or three hormonal medications is used to manipu...