When can my child stop taking H.P. Acthar Gel?

Talk to your child's doctor about when your child can stop taking H.P. Acthar Gel. The answer may depend on what condition the drug is treating. If your child is being treated for infantile spasms, for example, studies show spasms improve in 87% of babies treated for just two weeks, followed by a two-week period in which H.P. Acthar Gel is tapered off.

H.P. Acthar Gel, also known as ACTH, corticotropin or repository corticotropin, is a drug given by injection that helps the body produce cortisol and other hormones. In addition to treating infantile spasms, H.P. Acthar Gel is sometimes used for multiple sclerosis, juvenile arthritis and other rheumatoid diseases, kidney disease, some respiratory and allergic diseases, some inflammatory eye problems and other conditions. Your child's doctor can explain why the drug is being prescribed for your child and how long your child may need to be on it.