What are the side effects of Omnitrope?

The most common and less serious side effects of Omnitrope (somatropin) are headaches, soreness or swelling at the site of the injection, swelling of the breasts, joint pain, stiffness, stomach pain or nausea. Call your doctor if any of these side effects persist or become serious. Serious side effects of Omnitrope include: sudden and severe stomach pain, vomiting, increased heartbeat, yellowing of the skin or eyes, increased thirst, increased need to urinate, sudden and severe pain in your eyes, hearing problems or numbness of your hands. If you experience any of these more serious side effects, contact your doctor immediately.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

Does ospemifene have any side effects?
Side effects may include hot flashes, vaginal discharge, muscle spasms, and excessive sweating.  Os...
Why is glucagon important for people with diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. It is important to know about this hormone if you ha...
How is glucagon related to type 1 diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. This hormone elevates blood glucose levels-so it can...
When do I need a glucagon shot if I have diabetes?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
A person with diabetes who uses insulin needs an injection (shot) of glucagon if their blood glucose...