What should I know about histrelin before using it?

You should not use histrelin if you are allergic to histrelin or any of its ingredients. You should not use histrelin if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Talk to your doctor before using histrelin if you have metastatic vertebral lesions or a urinary tract blockage. Talk to your doctor about any prescription or over-the-counter drugs, vitamins or supplements you are taking before using histrelin. It does not have any known drug or food interactions. Histrelin has been found to cause liver damage and increase your chance of heart attack in men. It is also found to cause hyperglycemia and the onset of diabetes.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

When do I need a glucagon shot if I have diabetes?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
A person with diabetes who uses insulin needs an injection (shot) of glucagon if their blood glucose...
Why is glucagon important for people with diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. It is important to know about this hormone if you ha...
What drugs will I take if I'm receiving donor eggs?
If you're receiving donor eggs, a combination of two or three hormonal medications is used to manipu...
Does ospemifene interact with any other medications?
If you are taking bazedoxifene, fluconazole, raloxifene, toremifene, or an estrogen drug, ospemifene...