What is Trelstar Depot?

Trelstar Depot is the brand name drug containing the active ingredient triptorelin for injection every four weeks for the treatment of advanced prostate cancer. It is classified as a gonadotropin-releasing hormone drug which works by decreasing the amount of testosterone that the body produces. Lowering the amount of testosterone in the body will slow the progression of the prostate cancer, but it will not cure it. Since the use of Trelstar is treatment of advanced prostate cancer, this drug is not prescribed for women in the US. Trelstar has been used in Europe to treat women for in-vitro fertilization (IVF) and for endometriosis.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

How is glucagon related to type 1 diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. This hormone elevates blood glucose levels-so it can...
Does ospemifene interact with any other medications?
If you are taking bazedoxifene, fluconazole, raloxifene, toremifene, or an estrogen drug, ospemifene...
What should I know before I take ospemifene?
If you have had a blood clot in the lung or leg, a heart attack, or a stroke, you should not take os...
What is growth hormone treatment?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Growth hormone treatment is a therapy that may help kids with growth hormone deficiency (GHD) grow t...