What is toremifene?

Toremifene, also known by the brand name Fareston, is used to treat breast cancer that has spread to other parts of the body (metastatic) in postmenopausal women. Toremifene slows the growth of the cancer, but does not destroy it. It is a nonsteroidal antiestrogen medication that blocks estrogen. Estrogen is the hormone that some forms of breast cancer use to grow. Toremifene comes as a tablet and is taken orally.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

Does ospemifene interact with any other medications?
If you are taking bazedoxifene, fluconazole, raloxifene, toremifene, or an estrogen drug, ospemifene...
How is glucagon related to type 1 diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. This hormone elevates blood glucose levels-so it can...
Who should avoid taking oral bisphosphonates?
David Slovik, MDDavid Slovik, MD
While bisphosphonates are quite effective in preventing fractures, the oral forms may not be the...
What drugs will I take if I'm receiving donor eggs?
If you're receiving donor eggs, a combination of two or three hormonal medications is used to manipu...