What is Serostim LQ?

Serostim LQ is somatropin, a growth hormone. It is the solution for injection formulation of Serostim powder for injection. It was the second therapy approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to help prevent wasting caused by infection with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), the virus that causes acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). However, Serostim LQ has been removed from the US market, only Serostim powder for injection is available. It worked like the body's natural growth hormone, helping to stimulate growth in bones, muscles, organs and tissues. It helped increase lean body weight and mass, as helps improve endurance for people with HIV. It is given in an injection (a shot).

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

What is ospemifene?
Ospemifene (Osphena) is a drug that affects how estrogen acts on body tissues such as the vagina, th...
When do I need a glucagon shot if I have diabetes?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
A person with diabetes who uses insulin needs an injection (shot) of glucagon if their blood glucose...
What drugs will I take if I'm receiving donor eggs?
If you're receiving donor eggs, a combination of two or three hormonal medications is used to manipu...
How is glucagon related to type 1 diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. This hormone elevates blood glucose levels-so it can...