What is Pitressin?

Pitressin is the brand name of the medication vasopressin, which is a hormone made to mimic the anti-diuretic hormone produced by the pituitary gland. Vasopressin helps to narrow blood vessels, reduce urine output and absorb water. Vasopressin replaces the anti-diuretic hormone that causes diabetes insipidus, but it also may prevent or treat stomach problems from x-rays or surgery.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

Does ospemifene interact with any other medications?
If you are taking bazedoxifene, fluconazole, raloxifene, toremifene, or an estrogen drug, ospemifene...
What drugs will I take if I'm receiving donor eggs?
If you're receiving donor eggs, a combination of two or three hormonal medications is used to manipu...
Why is glucagon important for people with diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. It is important to know about this hormone if you ha...
Who should avoid taking oral bisphosphonates?
David Slovik, MDDavid Slovik, MD
While bisphosphonates are quite effective in preventing fractures, the oral forms may not be the...