What is Nutropin?

Nutropin is a recombinant human growth hormone (rh-GH) medication that treats people who have growth hormone deficiency and growth failure. It is helpful in treating children suffering from the genetic disorder Turner syndrome or Noonan syndrome. Nutropin can also be used to prevent any serious weight loss in people suffering from AIDS. The active ingredient in Nutropin is somatropin.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

How is glucagon related to type 1 diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. This hormone elevates blood glucose levels-so it can...
Why is glucagon important for people with diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. It is important to know about this hormone if you ha...
When do I need a glucagon shot if I have diabetes?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
A person with diabetes who uses insulin needs an injection (shot) of glucagon if their blood glucose...
What is ospemifene?
Ospemifene (Osphena) is a drug that affects how estrogen acts on body tissues such as the vagina, th...